Hello, Minimalists! ❤
Gold-plated jewellery is the hot new trend in the fashion industry. Many popular fashionistas are styling with gold-plated jewellery nowadays. Gold-plated jewellery is classy and beautiful yet affordable, compared with solid gold jewellery.
Here are easy ways to keep the shine of your gold-plated jewellery. As it is a thin layer of gold, extra care should be taken to maximize its lifespan.
- Be aware of direct contact with chemicals such as chlorine in swimming pools, makeup products, body lotion, or hair spray. Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold-plated jewellery. You can spray your perfume 5 minutes before putting on your jewellery or let the lotion or perfume dry before putting on your jewellery.
- Storing your jewellery is one of the most important steps. Always store it in an airtight bag / box / cloth pouch. Be sure to place it in an area with low humidity. Putting each piece separately will also prevent them from scratching.
- Be sure to remove your jewellery when working with certain chemicals or foods. This is especially so for oily or strong-smelling foods such as Coconut Milk / Oil, Mustard, Egg, Onion, Garlic, etc.
- Clean your gold-plated jewellery with warm, soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes and you may clean it with a soft brush. Stay away from jewellery cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will just make your gold-plated jewellery tarnish more quickly.
- Avoid rubbing too hard on engraved sections, and be sure to use a special non-abrasive cloth to avoid scratching while polishing.
Gold-Plated Jewellery is beautiful and fashionable. Put in a little extra effort into caring for it. It's just a few simple steps to keep your jewellery shine even longer, why not? :)